The European Solar Physics Online Seminars (ESPOS) is an experimental series of regular seminars held by video-conference between European institutions. We propose to connect European solar physics groups through a regular series of open, online seminars. The aim is to build an effective and open platform for the exchange of scientific ideas. The online seminars allow researchers to share their work more widely with a specialised audience, and give some exposure to cutting-edge research for students and other young researchers that do not regularly travel to conferences.
Different institutes take turns at hosting a speaker. If your institute would like to join the seminars, please contact Shahin Jafarzadeh and read more about the format and guidelines.
Please sign up for our mailing list to receive announcements of upcoming seminars by email.
- Aberystwyth University, Solar System Physics group (UK)
- Armagh Observatory (UK)
- Astronomical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences (CZ)
- University of Catania / Catania Astrophysical Observatory (IT)
- School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Glasgow (UK)
- Instituto de Astrofísica de Andalucía (ES)
- Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (ES)
- Institut d’Astrophysique Spatiale (FR)
- Leibniz Institute for Astrophysics Potsdam (DE)
- Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (DE)
- Nortumbria University, Solar Physics group (UK)
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, University of Oslo (NO)
- Astrophysics Research Centre, Queen’s University Belfast (UK)
- Rome Astrophysical Observatory (IT)
- University of Rome Tor Vergata, Solar Physics group (IT)
- Plasma Dynamics Group, The University of Sheffield (UK)
- Solar Physics and Space Plasma Research Centre, The University of Sheffield (UK)
- Astronomical Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences (SK)
- Solar and Magnetospheric Theory group, University of St. Andrews (UK)
- Institute for Solar Physics, Stockholm University (SE)